Leif David’s “Magic Academy – How to be a Magician” (Filmed in 2011)
On this video Leif David teaches 12 easy-to-learn beginner magic tricks. There are six magic tricks using a magic wand, and six more tricks with items found around the home, plus two additional bonus features!
“Crack The Case” Summer Reading Club (Filmed 2021)
Mr.Zippy – Beginner Skill Level
“Build It” Summer Reading Club (Filmed 2015)
Vanishing Cell Phone Cereal Box – Advanced Skill Required To Build and Perform
A few tips for constructing your cereal box:
- Make sure you get help from your parents when constructing this trick and using scissors.
- Watch the video and understand the construction of the box before you start cutting.
- If you want you can add additional velcroe to the sides of the box. The trade-off is that it takes longer to open the box when you perform the trick, but it will hold everything together better before you start.
- Make sure the glue on the sides of the box is nice and strong and that it’s dried fully before you start using it. You don’t want the phone to accidentally fall out!
- Use duct tape for the bottom hinge on the box as shown in the video.
- Always practice this trick until you are ready to perform it in front of a real audience. Practice it in front of a mirror to see how it looks. You don’t need to use a phone to practice at first. Start with something like a small book.
- Be gentle once the phone is hidden inside the box. You don’t want to accidentally shake their phone out of the box and have it fall on the floor.
- One way to make the vanish of the phone even stronger is by adding some confetti into the box before you start. You don’t need to practice with the confetti though. Just use it when you perform it for a live audience.
- Use your imagination when performing this trick. You aren’t limited to just a cell phone. Whatever will fit inside the secret compartment you can make vanish and reappear!
Bonus Interactive Magic Tricks